|Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS) (UK)|
AEMRC UK Certified
Entry Criteria: All Deck Officers
Course Duration: 10 Days
|Course Schedule: |
|From Date||To Date||Location|| |
GMDSS (GOC) course covers the mandatory minimum requirement for certification of GMDSS operator as specified in Section A-IV/2 of the STCW 1995 code. The course is designed on the IMO Model Course 1.25. Alternate batches are conducted, and approved by AMERC – UK, certificate issued under CEPT/ERC Recommendation T/R81-03, by Maritime Coastguard Agency, UK. (8 Days). and D. G. Shipping approved certificate issued by 'Ministry of Communication, Government of India' New Delhi. (10 Days).
Every person in charge of performing radio duties on a ship that is required to participate in the GMDSS, should be able to demonstrate competency :-
Understanding SOLAS & Radio regulations and GMDSS carriage requirements.
- To effectively use GMDSS equipment to transmit and receive all kinds of communication (distress, urgency, safety and routine).
- To maintain GMDSS log and carry out regular test and checks.
- Transferability of skills on various makes of GMDSS equipment eg. Skanti, Sailor, JRC, Furuno.
Contents of the Course
- GMDSS Concept.
- Radio Watchkeeping.
- Digital Selective Calling.
- Distress, Urgency & Safety.
- SOLAS Procedure, distress alerts and messages for GMDSS Vessels.
- INMARSAT Systems - A,B & C.
- GMDSS Equipment usage and operation, viz SATCOM, NBDP, DSC, E.P.I.R.B., SART, NAVTEX.
- Exercises on Practical Operation and usage.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 1 passport size photograph
- 2 passport size photographs required in the Exam application form (with Tie) (Photo Size - 4.5cm x 3.5cm, Plain Cream or Light Grey Background, Without Glasses)
- Copies of Passport, CDC with sea time as Deck Cadet / AB / OS / Radio Operator or Ship Administrative officer