The course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping and meets the requirements laid down in Regulation I/12, Sections A-I/12, B-I/12 and Table A-V/1-2-2 of the STCW Convention and Code as amended in 2010 and is in compliance with IMO Model Course 1.35.
The simulator is based on a 8476m3 Ethylene/ Ethane/ Propylene/ Propane/ Butadiene/ Butane / Ammonia real fully refrigerated Gas carrier fitted with Relique faction Plant. Ship can load two separate grades of Cargo Pumps, Boster Pump, Relater, Fixed gas detector, IG plant & Emergency shutdown system. Real time is provided with Chief officer monitoring & controlling cargo operations in CCR & duty officer conducting operations on deck.
The simulator has real time programming models which can replicate dynamic behavior of the Gas carrier capable of cargo carriage upto -104deg C, 6 bar G and 0.97 t/m3. The vessel model, is a type 2G vessel designed as a two grade cargo vessel and fitted with 2 tanks, electric driven cargo pumps, booster pumps, cargo heater system, cargo vapouriser, direct cooling and cascade cooling reliquefaction systems, Ballast system, PSA Nitrogen Generator, Gas detection System, ESD system, Firefighting systems and a control and monitoring systems.
The Simulator can be used in 2 modes :
1. Part task simulator mode : Each individual station can be used for single student equipment familiarization, cargo stowage planning and operational concepts
Full mission simulator where Real time resource management training is provided with Chief officer/OOW monitoring & controlling cargo operations in CCR & duty officer and support staff conducting operations on deck.
- Familiarization with all cargo equipment & Instrumentation
- Awareness of hazards of LPG Cargo and Use of checklists in various cargo operations
- Planning of cargo loading & discharging operations with the use of booster pump & cargo reheater when required
- Line up for Loading, Discharging, Cooling, Ballasting, Inerting, Heating & Gas Freeing.
- Understand the operation of Reliquefaction plant, analyze the displayed inf ormation to deduce fault
- Monitor loading, stability, care during the voyage and unloading of LPG cargo
- Understand all operations of an Gas tanker in a Drydock to Drydock cycle & change of grade operations
- Identify operational problems and gain experience in solving them