This course provides training for candidates appearing for MEO CLASS-II Foreign Going Certificate of Competency examination.
This course covers part of the education and training required under Regulation III/2 of STCW 78 as amended and aims to meet the standards of competence as specified in Annex 1 Table A - III/2 of the STCW 78 as amended.
Appendix M-III/6 Reference Table A-III/2 of META Manual Vol. II and IMO Model course 7.02 should be used in the preparation of material for this course.
The examination of the MEO CLASS II (FG) for certificate of competency is divided in 4 functions :
| FUNCTION 1:
MARINE ENGINEERING AT MANAGEMENT LEVEL
1. Marine Engineering Knowledge (General)
2. Marine Engineering Knowledge (Motor)
| FUNCTION 2:
||ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONIC & CONTROL ENGINEERING
AT THE MANAGEMENT LEVEL
1. Marine Electrotechnology
| FUNCTION 3:
||MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR AT THE MANAGEMENT LEVEL
1. Marine Engineering Practice
| FUNCTION 4:
||CONTROLLING THE OPERATION OF THE SHIP AND
CARE FOR PERSONS AT THE MANAGEMENT LEVEL
1. Naval Architecture
2. Ship Safety, Environmental Protection and Personnel Care
Engine Room Simulator Management Level is based on IMO Model Course 2.07 "Engine Room Simulatorâ€ť and covers the following training areas at the Management Level.
- Familiarisation of Engine Room Machinery systems and equipments.
- Safe operation of Engine Room Machinery
- Troubleshooting of various machinery faults
- Safe Engine room watch keeping procedures
- Operation of cargo machinery.
Course Fees: INR 48,000/-