The course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping and meets the requirements laid down in Regulation I/12, Sections A-I/12, B-I/12 and Table A-V/1-1-2 of the STCW Convention and Code as amended in 2010 and is in compliance with IMO Model Course 2.06.
The simulator is based on a real Aframax size double skin oil tanker, with segregated ballast system, slop tanks arrangements, COW & Inert gas system. Vessel can load 3 grades of cargo with double valve segregation. Tank atmosphere data can be monitored continuously. It has both on-line & off-line stress calculation.
Real time training is provided with Chief Officer monitoring & controlling cargo operations in a Cargo Control Room (CCR) & duty officer conducting operations on the deck panel.
- Familiarization with cargo operational equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- Awareness of hazards of oil cargo and use of checklists in various cargo handling operations. Greater awareness of the need for proper planning of cargoes.
- Planning of cargo loading & discharging operations on loadicator.
- Line up for Loading, Discharging, COW, Ballasting, Inerting & Gas freeing.
- Monitor loading, stability, care during the voyage and unloading of oil cargoes.
- Identify operational problems and gain experience in solving them.
- Improve decision making ability to promote safety and protect environment.
- Understand all operations of an oil tanker for a Drydock to Drydock cycle.