|Bulk Carrier Safety, Inspections, And Maintenance|
Training Requirement: RightShip RISQ - 2.7, 8.15, 9.2, 9.16
Entry Criteria: Mstr, C/O, 2/O, Who have sailed on Bulk Carriers and Vessel Superintendents
Course Duration: 5 Days
In recent years there has been a lot of deliberations and research done on bulk-carriers and their structural strength (rather weakness) and safe cargo operations and carriage of cargoes in bulk. This course covers the IMO STCW A-II /1 and A-II /2 training requirements on Safe Handling and Stowage of Bulk Cargoes and is also based on DNVâ€™s course on Bulk Carrier Inspection. It covers all aspects of Bulk Carrier Safety Practice, and RightShip RISQ for bulk cargo operations.
- Be able to safely load, unload bulk cargoes in varying conditions on stowage and draft restrictions.
- Know where to inspect and locate fractures and deterioration in hull structure.
- Assist in carrying out enhanced surveys.
Safe carriage of specific bulk cargoes including hazards, stowage and care of ores, coal, grain, steel, urea and DRI.
Know the procedure for structural repairs and conducting class surveys.
Follow safe working practices during cargo operations, entry in holds/tanks, ballasting/deballasting and maintenance work.
Contents of the course
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the classroom course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.