This course meets the training requirements of IMO Model course 1.22, Ship Simulator and Bridge Teamwork and satis-fies the STCW requirements of Section A-II/2, Section A-VIII/2 and guidance given in B-VIII/2 for Navigation and Watch-keeping at the Management level.
A dedicated state of the art full mission navigation simulator is used to provide cost-effective training in ship-handling and bridge team and resource management principles.
Two ships, complete with bridge teams manoeuvre through some of the most congested waters of the world applying proper passage planning techniques and team-work in real-time simulation exercises. The bridge is equipped with two radars and ECDIS thus satisfying fully functional Electronic Chart navigation.
- Understand the manoeuvring capabilities of the ship and the principles involved in handling the ship in varying sea conditions.
- Able to effectively plan a passage and sail/manoeuvre the vessel safely between different ports of the world.
Exercises are conducted for:
- Congested waters and straits
Restricted visibility, strong wind and currents
Approaching port and embarkation of pilot
Anchoring in a congested anchorage
Berthing / unberthing
Pilotage in channels and river passages
Contents of the coursetop
- Ship Manoeuvring Data & Standard Manoeuvre
- Ship Handling Principles
- Passage Planning
- Passage execution and monitoring
- Berthing / Unberthing
- Navigation in Pilotage Waters
- Emergency Manouveres
- Human Resource Management including Master / Pilot Interface
- Case studies related to Navigation incidents