This course provides training for candidates appearing for 2nd mates (FG) Certificate of competency examination.Course covers part of the education and training required under Regulation II/1 and aims to meet the standards of competence specified in Section A-II/1 of the STCW 78 as amended in 2010. Appendix M-II/1C of META Manual Vol. II and IMO Model course 7.03 used in the preparation of material for this course.
The examination of the second mate (FG) for certificate of competency is divided in 3 functions :
FUNCTION 1: NAVIGATION AT OPERATIONAL LEVEL
- Terrestrial and coastal Navigation
- Celestial Navigation
- Bridge Watchkeeping, Emergencies and BRM.
- Signals and communications
FUNCTION 2 : CARGO HANDLING & STOWAGE AT OPERATIONAL LEVEL
- Cargo Handling and Stowage Inspect and report defects and damages to cargo spaces, hatch cover and ballast tank.
FUNCTION 3 : CONTROLLING THE OPERATION OF THE SHIP & CARE FOR PERSONS ON BOARD AT THE OPERATIONAL LEVEL
- Ship Construction, Stability, Ship Safety and Environmental Protection and monitor compliance with legislations
Course Commences at :
Course Fees: INR 50,000/-
- AEMTC-Mumbai Every : 15th February, 15th June, 15th October
- AEMTC-Delhi Every : 15th April, 15th August, 15th December
- Course fee: Rs. 50,000/- inclusive of lunch and teas.
- Total seats 40