|Maritime Safety Management-Module 3 (Shipboard Safety Officers)|
TMSA Training Requirement 3a,3b
Entry Criteria: Mstr, C/O, 2/O, 3/O, C/E, 2/E, 3/E, 4/E, E/O, G/E, Safety Off & Ship Supdt.
Course Duration: 1 Day
|Course Schedule: |
|From Date||To Date||Location|| |
This course is meant to help officers to increase their level of safety awareness and use techniques mentioned therein to provide a good safe working environment. The course also educates officers in identifying occupational hazards and improving their level of safety consciousness. Completion of this course is mandatory for Safety Officers / Representatives on board ships registered in U.K, Australia, Norway and for the offshore industry it is recommended by OPITO (Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organisation).
The Officers shall be able to:-
- Understand the duties and obligations regarding safety on board.
- Apply their authority in the prevention of accidents, removal of hazards and raising safety consciousness on board.
- Apply the Code of Safe Working Practices and motivate people to assess the risks and follow best practices.
Contents of the course
- The causes, effects and control of loss.
- Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Occupational Hazards and Remedial Measures.
- Mechanical, Chemical, Thermal, Electrical, Acoustical contacts.
- Code of Safe Working Practice.
- Permit System
- Behaviour-based safety - "STOP" for Safety Supervision.
- Safety Inspections.
- Motivation and Job Pride Development.
- Safety Talks and Safety Training.
- Safety Committee and Safety Officers role.
Discussion, Group Work, Lecture, Project Work, Exercises.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the classroom course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.